Mentors & Meals Summer Intern
WHO WE ARE:
Mentors & Meals (M&Ms) is a 501(c)3 non-profit, out-of-school time, enrichment program whose mission is “to enhance academic achievement in middle schoolers through mentoring”. The summer program is a little different from the school year, as we do not work on homework as much as we work on preventing the summer-learning loss that can affect academically or financially at-risk populations.
M&Ms is located in Versailles, Kentucky at the First Christian Family Life Center (160 Lexington Street). We are seeking a highly motivated, patient yet energetic individual to assist with both program time as well as social media marketing, newsletters, fundraising ideas, and data entry. The Internship revolves around the four Cs- Consult, Coach, Collaborate and a 4th expectation-Computer Work.
● Reliably report to Mentors & Meals (First Christian Church or Life Adventure Center) on the days and times you are scheduled to work. (Tuesday-Thursday, 11-6, with flexible, remote work hours on Mondays and Fridays)
● Communicate with the Program Director about the day/week ahead. Identify what needs to be done that day and who is doing what.
● Daily/Weekly Program Prep meetings
● Engage and involve students in all activities by role-modeling outstanding behavior through your attitude, participation, and sportsmanship.
● Hammer Math- helping with or even facilitate some lessons in this innovative math/measurement/building STEM curriculum.
● Teen Time with Woodford County Library- participate in programs set up by the library for our age group.
● Reading Power Hour- prevent summer slide by reading with students “for fun” and showing, through your actions, that reading is an important tool they will use for the rest of their lives.
● Work with the other volunteer Mentors to help them engage productively with students
● Food donation intake- help organize and prepare
● Recruit- Help recruit other high school, college, and adult volunteers.
● Assist Program Director and Executive Director. Meet with members of the Board of Directors.
● Social Media outreach- help program with online presence, website updates, newsletters and fundraising.
● Data entry- input attendance, math updates, reading minutes, kitchen hours, and your weekly timesheet.
Requirements: Applicants must fill out the Application via Handshake. Applicants will be notified that their application has been received via email. Final candidates will be asked to participate in an in-person or Zoom interview.